CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Green at last

So last year for my birthday I said all I wanted was to have my yard finished.
Yeah....that didn't happen. So as spring rolled around I start begging my husband for a yard so I can enjoy being outside in the summer. He promised we would have it in by Sept. That was not soon enough for me. Then, typical to building a house, the powers that be started suggesting that they would put the yard in, in June. June was too rainy....okay, July....NO. So they really started sounding like August was going to be the month. I think, great, just in time for my family to come. They worked on my dirt, weeds, rock wall, and sprinklers....but still only had dirt for my family.
Then, like from the heavens above, the sod showed up a few nights ago...so this is the picture I took because my dreams were about to come true.
Hallelujah, my husband was true to his promise and I did get my lawn before Sept. Yesterday I went from dirt pile to yard full of lush, green, grass. OK....maybe it will take awhile for it to be lush...the sod was a little dry, but it's grass. Hooray for grass! This is the finished product. Now I can have friends over for BBQs and other fun things. Now I can sit on my porch and enjoy the quiet peace while surrounded by grass. Now, I can stop bugging my husband! I'm sure he is thankful!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hooray, I am so Happy for you, if it's anyone who understands the joy of having sod in your yard, it is me (and the bugging your husband part too).

Emily said...

Yippee! The grass looks awesome! Enjoy!So what are you getting for your birthday this year? A pool??