CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 31, 2011

8 months and moving!

Outside in the leaves....he is a little dazed in this pictures. Wondering what his mom is doing setting him down in the cold leaves.
These are pictures I took while I was waiting for the photographer to get there to take his Halloween pictures. Now you can see why he was not smiling in his costume....he was not in the picture mood. Tired, sore teeth, and cold weather = not happy baby. But he is still cute!

These are pictures I have been taking over the past week to show what my 8 month old is up to. He is crawling, in fact yesterday he decided it was time to crawl, crawl. Meaning, hands and knees. Just woke up and decided this is the day. Then today he was back to his stomach again until I said hands and knees and I swear he obeyed and got on his hands and knees. It's amazing what they understand. But he is under everything and standing up on everything. Just exploring his world.

He also loves to pull out all his books and look at them. He loves being read to and sits still for as many stories as you will read to him. I usually read to him before nap and bed time to wind him down.

He has discovered how to stand in his crib. So proud of himself! He has gotten better at understanding that he can't let go and I don't have to worry as much about him hurting himself.

He can actually pull this drawer open, which isn't easy.

He is doing a pull up here. Not sure if you can tell but he is pulling himself up to the bar. Working out already! Love it!

And under the table is a favorite spot to hang out. He gets lots of bumps from crawling under the chairs.

This is when you hope the chairs are sturdy and not easy to tip over.

Halloween! I borrowed this princess/medieval costume from my friend Natalie and it was a hit. It was quite the costume and people loved it.

Jim wasn't quite so lucky.... we threw his costume together a few hours before so it was not as authentic. But he was a good sport and truly is my knight in shining armor. (insert gag)

Carter has rocked his dragon costume 4 or 5 times and is also a great sport. He gets it on and goes with the flow. I'm not sure what he thinks about Halloween....people in funny or scary costumes. What is going on?

It all came together for the Hickman Halloween Carnival. Poor Carter, his mean mom won't even collect candy for him. He doesn't get to eat that stuff yet and Jim and I certainly don't need it.



So I am happy to report that I think the sleeping and eating problems from the last few weeks are over. At least he has been better the past few days and it is so nice to sleep through the night again and not have a fight at nap times. I just need to go with the flow at these times, cause they have always worked themselves out, thankfully. Just give him what he needs, even if that means getting up a few times a night with my baby.
Here is a video of the piggy face....he did it a month ago for a few days all the time, then stopped. Then started it back up the past few days. Not sure what it is all about, but it cracks me up.
Here is Carter signing "more". What a smart boy!

0 comments: