CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

5 Months old

Some more firsts since we have been back from Canada.
He had his 1st cold. It wasn't too bad, but it did affect his eating and sleeping schedule for a few days.
He weighs 16 lbs. He is getting so big!
......man, I need to write this blog when I think about it cause now I forgot the other "firsts" I was going to talk about. Maybe it will come back to me.
I remembered....he had his 1st babysitter. Last week Nicole, our niece came and watched him and Jim and I went to a movie. Of course I was a little nervous and Jim makes fun of me cause I texted Nicole a few times.Carter did pretty good till she tried to put him to bed. I think it was just because he was so tired, because he has had other people besides Jim and I put him to bed, but he freaked out a little. Nicole handled it and finally got him to sleep, hooray! It is nice to have family you can trust take good care of your baby. It was a big step for me!
Anyway, he has a new toy. At first he wasn't sure about his exersaucer...but he is liking it more and more. I need more to help keep him entertained. I feel like the same old floor time is not cutting it. He is starting to roll over from his back to his tummy. And he is better about staying and playing on his tummy. I have really worked with him the past few weeks to get him better at this. Apparently it is a big deal in how soon they will crawl and walk and all that good stuff. I can see he is starting to want to be more mobile and it is a little disconcerting. People are always saying how you want them to stay small and not crawl too soon, I can kind of see what they are saying. He is so good, but I am worried the little boy is about to come out in him. The mover and trouble maker. It will be interesting.

He is starting to laugh a lot more and get jokes. Last night Jim and I were in the back yard with him and Jim would chase me and I would run away, then I would turn and chase Carter. He was laughing a ton at this game. It is fun to see more personality....but I still want him to be my good baby. I have been spoiled.
This week he has started sleeping from 8 or 8:30pm to 7 am. It has been heavenly. The first few nights I still woke up but the last few I have slept and it has been fabulous!
He doesn't get swaddled anymore at night. He is free at last to sprawl out. He always wakes up happy and smiley and it is so fun to go get him once he wakes up. He usually just chats to himself for a few minutes.
He grabs his feet all the time and even eats his toes. His PJ's were wet in the toe when I got him up the other morning, and I had to laugh. A little appetizer before breakfast.

He likes to read books and sits still for a few in a row. When we go for walks he looks at the directions on the side of the stroller, I think he will be a good reader.
I bought a sign language DVD and we will see how that goes. I just watched a few minutes of it today.

  This was when we were in Canada. He was holding on to his car seat during the drive. I think Grandma's driving was making him nervous. JK

2 comments:

Angela said...

He is BIG, wow. How fast they grow. I thought for sure you were going to mention his first SOLID FOOD, but I guess he is definitely getting enough food and if he is already sleeping through the night there is no rush. Did I tell you about the "Super baby food" book that I used with Lucas. Check it out from the library if you can.

Halaufia's said...

He is getting so big so fast! You are such a wonderful mother! I love the picture of him holding on to the car seat...the next bigger toy you will have to try is a jumper...he would love that. Pierce liked the exersaucer but he LOVED the jumper..and same with my friends boys. He will be a toddler before you know it!