CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blessing

Carter had his two month checkup a few weeks ago. He was almost 12 lbs, so now the doctor is saying I might be over feeding him. Really.....I give up!
I only had them give him some of his shots...which was a huge decision for me. He didn't cry getting the shots...but 4 hours later was horrible. He cried like he has never cried before and he didn't stop for a few hours. Anytime you touched his leg he would cry again. It was not fun. He finally went to sleep in my arms and I didn't move for a few hours. I am pretty sure it is not just me, but honestly, I can't get over how much more emotional I have become since having a baby. Sometimes it's the stress of not knowing what to do or what is best but sometimes it's just raw emotion. It might also have to do with not getting enough sleep, but whatever it is I hope it decreases with time. I am not used to it.

 I'm not sure if I've mentioned before how adorable I think Carter is, but I really can't get over it. He is smiling and getting more personality and it is so fun to see. He likes to listen to Jim whistle and follows us with his eyes.  He screams when he has to get burped, but I think that is because he usually throws up and it can't be fun for him.


These may be a bit blurry, but Carter is a wiggler. And trying to capture the smile is not easy.

My sister found this shirt. How did they know that is what I call Carter.

I love that he looks like he is reading along with Aunt Tami. I do read to him and hope he will love it.

Aunt Tami loved his rocker pj's so we tried to take some pictures of him doing his air guitar.

I bought this darling outfit for him. His little army outfit. What a little cutie.


One of my talented friends made this hat for him. So cute, even if he isn't a fan of hats.

This animal should be a skunk, then that caption would be perfect.
He isn't trouble but is does have gas.


I love this one of Grandpa and Carter looking at each other. He was starring at Grandpa. It was cute. Grandpa was probably telling him stories about riding horses and driving the old red truck when he visits on the farm.
                          You can't really see it, but his shirt says Property of mom. That is true

He is now 10 weeks and he got blessed on Sunday. Some of my family got to be here and that was so fun. My sister and mom shopped a LOT and we even took Carter with us and he did great. Carter loved all the attention he got from everyone. We took some pictures on Sunday and I was going to take more with Jim's family but it never happened. They aren't big picture people. We missed all the family that couldn't be here, but we sure were happy to be able to have all the family and friends be apart of Carter's big day. He did cry through the blessing, he had lost his soother and wasn't happy about it. But Jim did great under pressure and I am so lucky to be married to him.


My cute sisters and mom. It was so fun to spend the weekend together. They are some of the most amazing people I know. So glad they are apart of my life and made the effort to be here with me. Ok, let's be honest, it had nothing to do with me, it was all about being with Carter, but I will take it anyway. It was like calling for shotgun. They would call for who gets to hold him, or get him up from his nap, or babysit. I really wish they lived closer.




This is a shirt that he needs when he is with Grandma in Canada. I have seen it with nieces and nephews and know Carter will be just as spoiled. That is what Grandmas are for.

He looks so innocent.


1 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks again for inviting us! It was fun to see everyone.

I love all the pics, the one of Tami reading to him is cute!

The emotions thing is very normal. I think you pegged it, it's a combination of lack of sleep, stress, and hormones trying to regulate again. Just be patient with yourself, it does get better! Although I think there will always be those days when your just emotional! lol