CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 30, 2011

Swing time fun!

Carter likes being in his swing. But the other day he learned a new trick, an escape trick. I was vacuuming and when I came back in the room he had shimmied down and down, until his feet were on the floor. Of course I laughed and started taking pictures. So later that day, he did it again. Then when Jim came home he put him in while sitting right in front of him, and he went down even further. We wanted to see how far he could get. He was literally pushing off the floor and swinging himself. It was awesome. So now I have to buckle him in. Mom is such a buzz kill.



I went out for an hour a few Saturdays ago and left Carter asleep while Jim was cleaning out the garage. This is what I came back to find. Carter just hanging out in the swing in an empty garage. He is such a mellow baby most of the time. He is just happy hanging out at home. He likes being outside, even though there have only been a few days when it hasn't been raining. I am OVER the rain. It is so funny when there is a gust of wind and he inhales and smiles. Kind of the same reaction when Jim's whistling is high pitched.
3 1/2 month update - I have stopped swaddling him for naps and put him back in his crib for naps, instead of the napper. He was getting too big for it.
He laughed at this toy the other day, Jim and I were cracking up too.
I think he is starting to have more of an opinion about things. Trying to let me know what he likes and doesn't like.
He loves pulling himself to a sitting position while holding our fingers. Then as his reward he wants to chew on our hands.
We took him in the shower yesterday for his first time and got water in his face. He wasn't sure what to think about it.
We tried taking him for a jog in his jogging stroller yesterday front facing, it was ridiculously windy and cold so he was not having it. So we put him in his regular stroller and ran in it. It is definitely not meant for running. Jim had to keep the front wheels off the road the whole time. Carter was sleeping after a bit and Jim and I were dying. Out of shape.

0 comments: