CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Giant baby???

So leaving the house gives a different perspective....recently I have seen a few other friend's babies. I swear I may have a giant baby....which you don't realize until you see other kids. One friend's baby is almost a year and I think Carter is as long as him. She said her baby is small, but come on....3 months and a year. Then I saw another friend's baby who is a few days younger than Carter. Carter's head was double the size of the other baby. His head went from being in the 10% when he was 2 weeks old to the 70% at 2 months. How does that happen? I mean thank heavens it came out small, I appreciate that more than anyone. It was hard enough pushing out a pea sized head. I have always known his hands and feet seemed big, but maybe I just have a giant baby and I didn't know. Where is he getting his size? It will be interesting to see if he really is big when he grows up. By big I mean tall.
He is so fun. I don't think he likes loud noises and places. He refuses to smile when we are loud places, so I'm sure people think he is grouchy. But honestly he is pretty easy going and happy 95% of the time. I am so lucky to have an easy child like him. His only trouble is his spit up, but he comes by that naturally. I spit up all the time as a baby and Jim still has a bad stomach, poor Carter didn't have a chance.
He has started interacting with some of his toys. And everything goes in his mouth, I didn't realize this started so early, but I guess it does. He can also hold his head up pretty well. Sometimes he lifts his head and legs and balances on his stomach making this labored sound, like it's so much work. And it is, I try to tell him not to lift his legs and to use his arms to help push up, but he isn't there yet. He loves it when he pulls himself up to a sitting position holding on to my fingers. We are working those ab muscles.



 He is going cross eyed here looking at this dog cause it's so close. He is studying it closely, then chews on it.

He has started sleeping till 5am most nights, which is so nice. He wakes up so happy.  Sometimes chats with himself in his crib and when I go in he smiles and stretches. We took out a feed and nap cause he can go longer in between his feeding and is taking longer naps. I have been putting him in the napper, a places he barely fits in our room. Sometimes he wakes up and starts to fuss and when I go to check on him he just looks up at me with this smile. It's so precious, even though he is a little stinker, already working mom and dad. Big toothless grins are my favorite! It's hard to get a good picture of him smiling cause he is moving and gets a scared look when I am behind the camera. The other day he stuck out his lower lip cause he was sad. It was the cutest thing. But then we went to see his dad at his office and Carter was all smiles. Jim whistles to him and Carter loves his dad.


So I have a little more free time. I read a book the other day. Today I should be finishing up preparing my sharing time...but it's hard to be motivated to do it.
Of course he has incredibly long, gorgeous eyelashes. Why is it always boys that get those????Honestly,not fair.
I pulled out a picture of Jim and myself at 6 months. I am going to try to scan them and post them. People always ask who Carter looks like. I stick by my original thoughts. He has my eyes and chin and Jim's nose. Man he is so cute. I really LOVE this kid.

0 comments: