CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

6 months

My sweet baby boy is 6 months old. Half a year....crazy! He is so much fun. I wish his teeth would come in already....seems like they have been bugging him for weeks and weeks. He is drooling and gnawing anything he can get his hands on. Which is anything he can see. He is starting to scoot towards things he wants, or roll to get places. He has a lot more to say, and it funny to listen to him babble.
We went to the doctor today for his 6 month appointment, which is not fun. He cried when he got his shots but I was ready with a bottle to ease the pain. He is fine so far but last time it didn't hit till the evening, so I'm not sure the worst is over yet. He is about average for everything but his head, which is in the 75%. He weighs 17 pounds, close to 18. He is 26 1/2 inches long...which I am not sure is accurate. I thought he'd be longer, but what do I know.
I found this new toy hidden in my basement and thought it would be the perfect new toy. I think this was a black Friday find from a few years ago, score. He does like to play the music and watch mom rock out to
the ABC song.
What he is like at 6 months - He sleeps so good. His naps are like clock work and he sleeps all night. He wakes up happy and smiling. We have taken him swimming a few times and he loves the water. He gets excited when he sees butterflies flying around. He likes going for walks. He likes standing up holding on to our hands. He is always pulling my hair....drives me nuts, but what do you do. He eats his vegetables and fruits really well. He didn't like mashed bananas or avocados. I think it was the texture.
We decided to try to take some cute 6 months shots at Jim's parents last Saturday. We enlisted Jim's sister, Suzanne cause she is good at stuff like that. (Thanks, Suzanne) No fancy camera, just my adorable baby and 3 adults trying to get him to smile for 45 minutes, while trying to capture a few cute shots. So I narrowed it down to these. I had to laugh on the way there cause it was Jim that was grabbing all the picture props. I'm sure he never thought the day would come when he was worried about such things. But the props were all him. What a great dad!


The arm props are mine. haha.




Suzanne's creative help trying to get him to pose on the slide. He wants the camera.





Jim's dad has an old car collection and we thought it would be fun to get Carter driving in the Jeffrey.





Suzanne brought her dog in case we needed smile help for Carter. These are a few darling shots of Carter and the dog. 

Kisses! Yum, yum!


More kisses. These ones Carter is very used to, since he gets them all day long. Man I love that kid!

How could you not love that face!

I finally bought him his own sunglasses. He doesn't try to pull them off. He likes to have his hat and sunglasses when we go outside. They are a touch big, but so cute. He is one cool dude!

2 comments:

The Suzzzz said...

Hi Sara,

Will you email the original photo files from the photos that we took? I want to run some processes on them and play around with the editing a little bit.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Angela said...

Oh. My. Gosh. SO cute. I LOVE, love love the pic with the hat and sunglasses. You are one lucky mommy to have a happy healthy baby that sleeps well. Worth the wait.